ISU Olympic Development Project 2018-2021 – ODP
The Finnish Figure Skating Association (FFSA) in co-operation with the International Skating Union (ISU) organizes a four-year development project for single and ice dance coaches and skaters. Project includes yearly seminars held at the Finnish Sport Institute (Vierumäki), Finland. The second seminar will be held on May 20.-25, 2019.
- Understanding and recognizing the current sport-specific requirements of the Olympic level figure skating.
- Initiating a new development collaboration between Single Skating and Ice Dance.
- Recognizing new potential coaches and discovering a potential next generation of coaches, and strengthening their competencies towards the next Olympic Games. In order to be prepared for the upcoming change of generation within coaches, the transfer of knowledge from the current generation of coaches to the next one needs to be secured.
- Enabling a long-term, high-quality development process for the skaters in co-operation with their personal coaches with the aim to elevate the skaters to the Olympic level. Raising Ice Dance couples from more countries to the international level.
- Identifying the areas coaches should focus on, in order for the individual skaters to successfully carry out the transition from Junior to Senior International Competitive Level.
- Encouraging to an open dialogue between different nations and continents. Utilizing and increasing co-operation between various stakeholders.
- Supporting national projects in Europe aiming at Olympic participation in 2022.
The seminar is full.
Sport Manager Satu Niittynen / email@example.com